Based on the best selling Medical-Surgical book by Ignatavicius (Iggy) and Workman’s.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
– Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
ABOUT: Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care
The easy-to-use A-Z guide to more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address style, this resource is a convenient tool that you can carry with you on clinical days.
Based on: 8th edition
Author: Donna (Iggy) D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, ANF and Chris Winkelman, RN, PhD, CCRN, ACNP
Publisher: Saunders | Elsevier, Inc.
The easy-to-use Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, by Ignatavicius and Workman’s is an A-Z guide to more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address style, this resource is a convenient tool that you can carry with you on clinical days. Now organized in a streamlined collaborative care format, complete with new QSEN highlights and a reorganized Concepts in Medical-Surgical Nursing section, it will quickly become your best bedside reference.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
– NEW! Updated content matches the 8th edition of the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook for a reliably seamless reference and study experience.
– NEW! Streamlined collaborative care format helps you focus more effectively on nursing care priorities.
– NEW! QSEN highlights each focus on one or more of the six core QSEN competencies (Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork & Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, Safety, and Informatics) to help you understand how to apply QSEN competencies for safe patient care.
– A-Z synopses of more than 250 diseases and disorders, along with related collaborative care, serve as both a quick reference for clinical days and a study resource for diseases/disorders and related collaborative care.
– Consistent collaborative care format mirrors the coverage provided in the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook to more effectively prepare students for clinical days.
– UNIQUE! Nursing Safety Priorities reinforce critical safety measures at the bedside and mirror those in the Ignatavicius & Workman text: Drug Alert, Critical Rescue, and Action Alert.
– Special Considerations highlights call students’ attention to important aspects of nursing care, such as Genetic/Genomic Considerations, Considerations for Older Adults, Gender Health Considerations, and Cultural Considerations.
– A Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing section (Part One) includes a NEW! concept on fluid and electrolyte balance, reflects the emphasis on concepts from Giddens’ Concepts of Nursing Practice, and provides students with an understanding of essential concepts needed for effective nursing practice.
– 8 quick-reference appendices provide need-to-know, quick-reference coverage of common and some less typical clinical topics.
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
– Navigate using multiple indices
– History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
– Voice memos
– Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.